Monday, December 22, 2014

Day 30 The Bug had to be Crossed

The Bug River had to be crossed and what few bridges there are.  Do ferries run in winter?  I asked many people. No one could tell me the answer with certainty, so I played it safe and headed a bit further to a town with a bridge.  I found nuns there and a very helpful young priest, and helpful young women at the tourist department.  With everyone's help, a route was gathered together with the objective of getting me to Chelm by Christmas Eve.  I'm heading toward some Benedictines.


There's been a bit a rain with the temperatures staying a bit above freezing, but my pilgrim spirits aren't dampened in the least.  I only have a few minutes tonight to log on and send out Christmas greetings.  Merry Christmas, everyone!

7 comments:

Ingus said...

Merry Christmas to you too! :)

Margaret Butterworth said...

I was looking forward to seeing your lovely watercolours, but maybe it's too cold to paint?

Unknown said...

You're in our thoughts and prayers. Have a very Blessed Christmas.

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

Have a beautiful, spiritual.Christmas.

adamweymouth said...

Merry Christmas Ann. Have a lovely one.

Paul Murphy said...

Enjoy your "walk." I've sent an email to all my kids to follow you. If you can, give a shout out to my class at Legacy Preparatory Academy.

Kym said...

Merry Christmas Anne. May your steps continue to be blessed.